[ING]Casa de la Vall is the ancient seat of the General Council: Andorra'sparliament. The building is emblematic for its...
[ING]Casa de la Vall is the ancient seat of the General Council: Andorra'sparliament. The building is emblematic for its historicalignificance. In 1419, an inter-parochial organization known as the Land Council wasratified. This was subsequently to become the General Council of theValleys of Andorra.The house was built in 1580 by the Busquets family. It was acquiredin 1702 by the General Council. The layout of the building is quadrangular with three galleries, in the style of the country houses of Catalan noble families. The main facade has both the current coat of arms of Andorra and the old one (from after the 14th century) and some interesting defensive features: embrasure, tower and machicolations. The building was restored in 1962.The gardens have a dovecot tower, a boundary cross and contemporary commemorative sculptures.[ESP]La Casa de la Vall es la antigua sede del Consell General: el parlamento de Andorra. Se trata de un edificio emblematico por su significacion historica. En 1419 se ratifico una organizacion interparroquial,denominada Consell de la Terra, que se convirtio posteriormente en elConsell General de les Valls d'Andorra.La casa se construyo en 1580, pertenecia a la familia Busquets yfue adquirida en 1702 por el Consell General. El edificio es de plantacuadrangular con tres crujias, siguiendo la tipologia de las masias senoriales catalanas. En la fachada principal se exhibe el escudo actual de Andorra y el antiguo (posterior al siglo XIV) y destacan algunos elementos de defensa: canonera, torre y matacanes. El edificio se restauro en 1962.En los jardines encontrareis el palomar de la torre y esculturas conmemorativas contemporaneas.
[ING]This pre-Romanesque building houses a rectangular nave with a woodenframed ceiling and a quadrangular apse. The circular...
[ING]This pre-Romanesque building houses a rectangular nave with a woodenframed ceiling and a quadrangular apse. The circular Lombard belfry wasadded in the 12th century and is one of the few examples of its kind in the Pyrenees.The building was decorated with 12th-century Romanesque mural paintings by the master painter of Santa Coloma. These paintings left the country in 1930,and were recovered by the Andorran Government in 2007.At present, only the Agnus Dei flanked by two angels and the geometricdecoration framing the overhanging arch remain in the church. The church preserves a polychrome wood statue of Our Lady of the Remedies (12th to 13th centuries) and a Baroque altarpiece (18th-century) dedicated to Saint Coloma, the church's patron saint.The church's location means visitors can enjoy Santa Coloma old town with its traditional buildings, as well as Els Russos tower, designed by Cesar Martinell, of modernist style an example of Andorra's granite architecture.